Discuss Advice on porch please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
What's the quickest way to prep this porch - need to tile it one day next week.
20170706_173330.jpg

Obviously I'll remove paint but I want to raise the main area to be flush with step at the door (80mm at highest point).
So far I've thought of latexing - but is there an SLC that will go that deep and be suitable for exterior use?
Could I concrete it and then use a matting for a green screed?
Wedi board?

Any input appreciated

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Thanks for the advice Marc - the video was very helpful.
Was all set to pop my mud man cherry but a plumber mate (whose job it is) had some Delta board left over from another job and he removed the paint, primed and fitted the board. I stuck an anti frac membrane down as the board meets the old concrete step and tiled it yesterday. Off on my hollybobs this afternoon so won't be on for a couple of weeks.
20170721_104821.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice on porch please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi there I have received 2 quotes from different tilers and both have different ideas on how to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really need some pro advice as I have just had a bathroom fitted and the tiling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 53945
D
Had a builder in to build a garage, was planning on just painting garage base but was so uneven...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB