Discuss Advice On Rectifying A Pre Tiled Wall That Takes A Dive!! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

Nedson

Hi fellas,im looking for some advice please. I'm a reasonably competent diy'er completed numerous tiling projects over the years, last one was my main bathroom stripped back to stud and used wedi board and tape etc.
Currently doing en suite and I've decided to go down the tanking route, showers all in recessed behind wall and tray is all bedded in. I've just had a rough set out to calculate tiles (600x300) with a rod and I've noticed the adjacent wall that dies into the shower wall takes a dive of about 15mm over the last 700mm so it's quite pronounced, it's fine near the ceiling and fine at the bottom where the tray is butted up,it seems to be an area around waist height, obviously a bowed stud.
As the tray is all in I really don't want to start pulling plasterboard off and relining.
Would it be acceptable to sort this by skimming with flexible tile adhesive to even out the 15mm, let it dry then tile on top of this, bearing in mind it's within the wet shower area. If it was else where I probably would have just walloped loads of adhesive on the back of the tile to make up the difference but I'm thinking voids behind the tile in the wet area is asking for trouble.
If this is acceptable would it be best to tank the area before or after skimming?
Thanks in advance.

N

Nedson

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice On Rectifying A Pre Tiled Wall That Takes A Dive!! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB