UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Advice on tax bill!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

Hello all, Have just found out how much my tax bill is this year. It is not a huge amount but it is more than I have and more than I can get together before the dead line. This is the first time I have not been able to cover the bill. What do you guys think my options are? As I say, I haven't had to deal with this before as I have alway been able cover the bill even if it was by the skin of my teeth.

Thanks in advance peeps...

O

One Day

I take it I would have to pay interest if I pay it off in installments? I am trying to work out if I would be better off borrowing the money elsewhere to pay it off or to just pay it back to them month by month.

Bad idea. HMRC are pretty understanding. There is a number you can call if struggling to meet payments. If you can suggest a payment plan, they will nearly always accept it and the interest they expect from you is A LOT LESS than borrowing off someone else - i.e. bank / credit card.

Honestly, talk to them and you'll be surprised how helpful and understanding they can be. You won't have to jump through hoops either. Just a simple call.

(I struggled last year and cleared mine over 3 months. I panicked like mad until I spoke with them)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
The HMRC know that work is not free flowing these days and that you have to live, and you have day to day expenses. Just burying your head is not the answer as some people do. They will pursue to the n'th degree. Tax avoidance is a serious crime. Give them a call and explain the situation they can be more understanding than most people think. After all they're only human!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice on tax bill!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.