Discuss Advice on tile arrangement please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Creeky

Hi all,
I am trying to decide on where best to start the first tile, I thought the middle of the floor, but reading a thread on here, comments have been made about ensuring the tile sits in the middle of the doorway.
I have uploaded the different lay outs, Do you mind giving me your advice on what will look best finished please?

Thanks in advance

1st tile set in middle of floor.
IMG_8244.jpg
Grout line set in middle of door way
IMG_8248.jpg
Tile set in middle of door way
IMG_8253.jpg

C

Creeky

Thanks for the replies. I was planning to tile to ply. From the research I understood that WPB was ok to tile to. I removed the chip. It's 18mm WPB with added noggins. I did this as the fibre glass bath panel would not fit if I added too much height (would be a mare to lift bath height).
Can you expand in the troubles I would have? I guess if you have raised that issue I should use the backer boards.

J

johnryan

well for me personally, i never tile directly to ply as there's too many potential problems associated with doing that, but there are many types of backer boards or membranes that overcome the problems. if it was me doing your floor i'd probably use 6mm hardiebacker, set with single part adhesive ( though i've heard recently that regular c1 should be used, i'm sure someone here will clarify that) then screwed at 200 centres. gives an ideal surface to tile to. there are several other ways to go, and again i'm sure others here will point you in the right direction with regard to those.

C

Creeky

Hi all,
just about to start. Final queries;
1. As the room is so small, when laying the hardi, is it ok to stand on the hardi I have just laid to make it easier to lay the second panel? Or do I have to leave it for a while?
2. Same applies when laying the tiles. As you guys have suggested starting from the door way. I plan to mark out then work from centre of the room and out to the right.
Question is, when can I stand on the tiles to do the left side? Or am I approaching his wrong? Should I mark out so I know when the centre line is and work from the back?

again thanks in advance.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice on tile arrangement please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB