Discuss Advice on tiling bathroom in travertine in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

stanic

I am looking to tile my own bathroom with natural travertine. Two of the walls are stud walls with water proof plywood attached, other two walls and floor is concrete. What i need to no is just unibonding the plywood goin to be enough to water proof area round bath? Will the weight of the tiles be to much for the plywood? Anything i should think about? Total is 22sq metres to tile any idea how much a pro would charge? (hopin to do myself ubt just interested)

Pic of one side of bathroom attached will get some more tomorrow

n508771655_1486876_7285.jpg

A

asabrush

Hi stanic, on sealing your ply,you'd need to read the specs for the adhesive your using as to which sealer if any to use.On the concrete I'd normally use bal apd.

If it was my job I'd be plying the faces of the exposed studs you've used for the recessed bits,also taking out the wood window sil.Would for sure get rid of that dodgy pink sink:laugh4:

Can't help you with a price,not uk based

S

stanic

Hi stanic, on sealing your ply,you'd need to read the specs for the adhesive your using as to which sealer if any to use.On the concrete I'd normally use bal apd.

If it was my job I'd be plying the faces of the exposed studs you've used for the recessed bits,also taking out the wood window sil.Would for sure get rid of that dodgy pink sink:laugh4:

Can't help you with a price,not uk based

Thanks for help defo some useful info there think i will board the recesses like you said, sink is goin lol!

...and no, Unibond (i assume you are talking PVA) has no place in tiling.

Ok fair enough i will have to read abit more into this. Any ideas on the weight issues? Also would i be best to go with ceramic tiles with natural effect?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice on tiling bathroom in travertine in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi I would like to use some indoor tiles outside on the top of my fish pond wall, the tiles I am...
Replies
Views
I'm currently dealing with the contractor from hell who has ruined job after job in my house...
Replies
Views
Hi - we would very much appreciate some advice. In October 2020 we had a sole trader come in to...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB