Discuss Advice on tilling a window in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mattt

Hi can anyone give me some advice on tilling a complete window,reveal, sill and upper sill. I presume you tile the way first. When tilling the wall on top of the window do I need to put a batten across to support the tiles? The part I am most worried about is these falling off in to the bath.
Do I apply the trim when I tile the walls? If so I would struggle because of the batten being in place to support the tiles over the window.

S

Spare Tool

Tile up both sides of window off batton not forgetting to check across each row of tiles your level and the full tile before the window cuts are the correct width from each other or by the time you get to the top of the window your either going to have no grout line or a big one, to check this measure across a wall with a tape measure you have already tiled the correct number of tiles + spacers and keep it to the mm all the way up, use tips of wedges to correct either way, if this is first wall to tile make a staff out of a batton and cut to the exact length of full tiles + spacers and make sure this fits snug on each row...as Bri says fix a batton to the underside of the top of the window reveal, put a level across top row of tiles draw a line on wall and measure down from that line to reveal to give you your cuts to top of window...fit trims and tile sill and tiles to sides when sill dry, top underneath of window reveal comb adhesive on and back butter tiles before fitting...but scarey at first but I've never ever had a tile drop off...makes sense to me, but hey I wrote it...hope that helps

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice on tilling a window in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB