Discuss Advice Please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

craig160283

Hi all,

I need some advice please if anyone can help? I've been asked to quote to tile 13 new builds, kitchen & bathroom walls. Measurements come to 10 meters per house 5.5m bathroom 4m kitchens then the rest for little splash backs, so 130 meters in total. Tiles size for kitchens 6/6" ceramic. bathrooms 150x300 Either ceramic or travetine.

They want a supply & fix price excluding tiles which they will get themselves. I have a price in mind but as a comparison it would be helpful. I've been quoted [NO PRICES IN PUBLIC FORUM PLEASE] for materials for all 13 houses.

Any feedback would be greatful

Cheers Craig

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tfs

Just work out how long you think it will take and break it down in to a day rate or week rate that you would normally expect to earn.

If you are supplying materials then you need to ask yourself' do I realy need this work' if so then you may be happy to charge cost price.

It may be better if you can make a small mark up on materials though.

If you are getting paid weekly then you could probs afford to charge mats at cost if not then I would add a bit extra for the inconvenience of putting a considerable amount of money out (unless you will get payment for the work into your account before the money for materials come out)

hope this helps, this would be my way of thinking as a one man band!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Advice Please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, this is my first post so thank you for reading my question. I am looking to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Advice Please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.