Discuss Advice Please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MSB Tiling

Hi guys, just wondering what your advice is on how to cut the curves in the tiles for these steps?

Normally I would draw the pencil line round and cut soldiers and then shape with snips.

Just wondering if there is a better way, this isnt something I come across to frequently. Thanks :) photo.jpg

Ok, if no question is too stupid.....how are you going to bend the tiles to match the curve?

EDIT : Also, I would recommend using a curved trim to protect the edge of the tile from chipping, not polishing up the edge. The trim would also be a slight improvement from a safety point of view, if a child (or any person for that matter) were to fall over and bang there head on the corner of a step.

Last edited:
M

m3fitter

formable schluter trim, but tbh that goes under the step curved tiles, not the risers, also I would have tiled the riser first in soldiers max 25mm width, and adhered the formable trim to the top of the riser, then cut the radius to that.
tip: butt the soldiers together and where the grout joint is, leave the 3mm joint, to make it look as though the riser is bent and the risers are bonded with the step ;-)
ps: love your safety footwear

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice Please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB