Discuss Advice Pls - Removing Tiles From Suspended Wood Floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Follow the Sapper

Following a burst pipe I had Qty 10 bathroom floor tiles 'lift' due to a sodden underfloor that the tiles were no longer bonded to. I've removed the tiles and cleaned up the chipboard floor underneath to make it free of adhesive and to allow it to dry out.

It was a bit of a bugger of a job trying not to ruin the chipboard floor especially the parts which were still bonded to the floor. An old chisel was used to chip off the adhesive.

Despite my home only being 12 yrs old I cannot for the life of me find any replacement tiles so I am considering having to remove all the existing tiles from the floor so that I can re-do the whole bathroom.

So...can someone advise on the best way (meaning - easiest) way of removing floor tiles from a suspended chipboard floor? (without knackering it!)

Thanks a lot.

FTS

F

Follow the Sapper

Luck!
Manually with hammer and bolster.
If u can't remove chipboard, to improve the situation u can overboard with 6mm Hardibacker..
That'll give a much better surface and an installation that will last more than 5 mins.

Thanks 3_fall. I will try to get the tile adhesive up but so far have found that a chisel gets the adhesive up easier. If it was cement based I guess I would be able to chip it off with a hammer and bolster - if only.

I will go with your recommendation of overlaying the cleaned up chipboard with hardibacker and then lay new. Or get a Pro in at that point.

Thanks.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice Pls - Removing Tiles From Suspended Wood Floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Following advice from a damp and timber report carried out we were advised to a apply a coat of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB