Discuss Advice required for installing porcelain wood effect tiles, both internally and externally. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dave Hopkins

Morning all, I have a large area approx 106sq meters in total of an extension I'm looking to have done in wood effect. Large open plan, hallway, utility, cloakroom. Some very useful info on this thread. Has anyone ever tried to do a border inlay of any kind or a single plank border similar to achieved with real wood? Also any advice on using these tiles externally. I have seen some that claim to have a deeper pattern and so more grip presumably?

O

Old Mod

Thanks 3_fall, it's hard to find examples online of this done in tile. A lot of real wood pops up when searching. Any thoughts on a material for an inlay? Strip of tile or metal maybe?
Depends to what level you want to take it Dave tbh.
Also on the fixer you find, as to how far they are willing to go.
I've seen real timber inlays, or porcelain or metal,
throw enough time Andy money at it and you have any choice you wish.

O

Old Mod

Not planks I know, just first thing I found. But it shows that inlays can be done.

IMG_0513.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice required for installing porcelain wood effect tiles, both internally and externally. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Having a look at some of those wood effect porcelain tiles. Ideally engineered wood would have...
Replies
Views
Spud22
S
I live in Berkshire, UK, where the soil is clay. My current patio is block paved (laid about 20...
Replies
Views
Moving into a new build property in the near future so planning the 33 odd sqm garage space...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB