Discuss Advice with my national insurance in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
If you bought, for instance a van for £10,000 here are the scenarios.

hire purchase...... Loan at 5% over three years. Total to pay back £11.500. Full tax relief on the £1500 interest and depreciation on the £10,000 over three years.

bank loan...... Same as above

paid out of your own cash. Tax relief on depreciation over three years.

lease. Rentals paid per month 100% tax deductible

P

Peter

A wee lesson in getting an accountant:

I used to go to one who charged me about £220 a year. For the last 2 years I did my own returns online because I thought I had it sussed. One year paying tax and one year getting a rebate. Anyway, had to go back to the accountant to get him to draw me up books for those years for a mortgage. Turns out I've been paying a lot more tax in the last 2 years than I should have been due to not writing down the van and not claiming other allowable expenses I had overlooked. Even with his fee, he still would have saved me more money. :lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice with my national insurance in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some expert advice and hopefully some reassurance.... I've just had a complete...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB