Discuss Advise Please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

richie b

so i went to look at a conservatory floor wich had been completed 5 weeks ago, run of the mill unit i noticed a 3 inch gap by the back door, about 10 inches deep and had a power cable hanging loose in there, the builders said this is normal, my question is should it be the builders who fill the gap or if its not what to fill it with. 20160516_180714.jpg 20160516_180738.jpg 20160516_180738.jpg 20160516_180856.jpg

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Liverpool
I'd just wrap it in tape, half fill with small chippings or even expanding foam then fill the rest with a rapid repair mortar or layers of leveller until your up to height. Should really have been run through a conduit I guess so unless a spark is able to retro fit one I'd do as stated.........or tell the builders to sort it.

R

richie b

I'd just wrap it in tape, half fill with small chippings or even expanding foam then fill the rest with a rapid repair mortar or layers of leveller until your up to height. Should really have been run through a conduit I guess so unless a spark is able to retro fit one I'd do as stated.........or tell the builders to sort it.[/QUOTE

thanks for the quick reply, i doubt the builders will sort it, ok sounds a good method

L

LM

so i went to look at a conservatory floor wich had been completed 5 weeks ago, run of the mill unit i noticed a 3 inch gap by the back door, about 10 inches deep and had a power cable hanging loose in there, the builders said this is normal, my question is should it be the builders who fill the gap or if its not what to fill it with. View attachment 81689 View attachment 81690 View attachment 81690 View attachment 81691
Normal to have a 3 inch gap 10 inches deep??? Don't think so. Normal to have a bare power cable running along a door?? Never ever seen that one either. Do the client a favour and get them to employ a spark and make the cable safe! That's seriously dangerous for the next tiler that comes along to change the floor for a new owner in a few years and ends up sticking a kango through that. That's an example of a cowboy builder who dosent give a sh*t if ever I seen one!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advise Please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB