Guest viewing is limited

Discuss against the grain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

went to quote a shower, tiles coming off, dot and dab, should be able to strip it in an hour but the actual mixer shower has it's pipes running horizontally from the corner of the shower, from sub flush to into the shower. You can't tile there so there is a 50mm channel of 'filler'. She doesn't want it putting right just re tile as per existing. A days pay is a days pay but what would you do?

U

united

I had a situation a bit like that this week was tiling a shower room and the pipe work for the shower came down the corner then across the tiles into the shower, I said I could fix it so the pipes were hidden or at least move the pipes to make it neater but the customer said no just do the tiling :mad2:

I did the tiling, they were pleased and booked me to come back in Sept to do upstairs too :thumbsup:

Anyway as you say a jobs a job and if the customer wants it the way it is then that's all you can do

T

Time's Ran Out

It's a difficult one to advise!
Someone will do it for her if you don't and a days pay is just that. In these testing times it's really a case of - do you have enough work to walk away or is the customer in a situation that to do it would help her out considerably.
For me if I felt that it would be leaving it 'unsightly' then I'd not get involved.
Would it be possible to overboard the mixer wall to take the depth of the pipes into consideration and tile over?

F

faithhealer

It's a difficult one to advise!
Someone will do it for her if you don't and a days pay is just that. In these testing times it's really a case of - do you have enough work to walk away or is the customer in a situation that to do it would help her out considerably.
For me if I felt that it would be leaving it 'unsightly' then I'd not get involved.
Would it be possible to overboard the mixer wall to take the depth of the pipes into consideration and tile over?
would creep over the tray. Mentioned to her I could re do the pipework for her, chase it deeper into the wall but she seemed adamant that it was good enough! I'll probably take her money (or somebody else will but I won't be a happy bunny

Reply to against the grain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views
U
Hello I need to replace a shower mixer valve that will involve some new pipe work and...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
against the grain
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.