UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss agency -work anyone ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tfs

Normally work on a CIS basis or they put you in touch with an umbrella company to take care of your pay.

Rates vary between £8.50 - £15.00 per hour mate. Work can vary too from social houring through to shop fitting and new builds etc.

The cons are that they can drop you in a heart beat. Been on jobs for weeks then suddenly told we dont need you anymore (not for doing anything wrong) the site agents etc just dont tell you in advance incase you find another job.

Once your on an agencies books they tend to keep you on there database and you will get random calls asking to work on assignments every now and then for the next few years.

I have worked for various agencies. Some are good to work for and others dont give a damn about you, mess you about with pay and to all you are just another name.

On the plus side its easy money, becuase;

1. You dont need to worry about putting money upfront
2. You show up do what your told (can be a nice wee break sometimes from doing your own thing)
3. Paid weekly
4. Make some contacts on building sites etc to sub contract direct (you sign a contract with agencies agreeing not to do this though)
5. Good way to fill the odd day or week when you have no substantial jobs bookedn in.

P

Pebbs

I have to put my 10 pence worth in here. I use an agency from time to time, when I have an overflow of work, and need to speed things up to meet the programme deadlines (better that than running into penalty clauses). It works well for us, we have always had really good men, and it frees up the cash flow, because we end up getting 60 days credit. If someone is outstanding, then further down the line they come and work direct. Its a win win situation, as for the hourly rate, the agency tilers get a good hourly rate, but that could be because its a good agency.

Lynn

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to agency -work anyone ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.