Discuss AHHHHH!!!!! Ever had a bad day in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Just home after one of those days. Pitched up to tile floor and lay Durabase and guess what no one in so hang about for an hour and finally get in! noticed while i was checking my levels that the floor was off it bits about 13 mm and had a hump in the floor. Figure id lay durabase as normal onto ply with 4mm bed and lay tiles building up with addy where needed as keraflex can be built up to a 15mm bed so within that so happy days. Or so I thought started off and soon had to build up bed to 13mm in some places, i know its o an issue wit this addy but it took ages to do, twice as long so needless to say im :mad2:

I know a floor doesnt have to be perfectly level generally but flat isnt easy when there is a hump in the floor.

Any tips how to sort out afloor that all over the shop before I throw my tools into the sea!!!

Last edited:
Apologies Dave, I should know better:oops: 700 kg is a good effort though infact thats shocking but think your all as usual right should have done that first. Boy at mapei said to lay slc on top of dural base after priming it but was in the middle of it by then, maybe the next floor which is upstairs and aint looking too hot will get the slc treatment.

This was on 15m2 and ive used more addy that i can count, Is slc good to put down onto ply no porbs and will it make my life easier:hurray:?

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to AHHHHH!!!!! Ever had a bad day in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Just wondering everyone's thoughts on leveling schluter curbs. I'm installing a shower kit on...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Scotland

Thread Information

Title
AHHHHH!!!!! Ever had a bad day
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.