Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Ahhhhhh stratum tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Colchester
Well the bathroom I’m currently fitting my customer has supplied Stratum tiles for 1 wall only thank god. Unfortunately there is a second bathroom of the same spec.
I have done those poxy stratum once before and had a bit of grief with the grouting.
Any helpful tips? I’ve got 1.5-2mm grout lines to fill and I’ll be sealing the tiles before grouting and I’ll also have 2 buckets of water and new sponges.
Is it best to literally apply by finger to minimise the grout spreading onto the face?

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Uk
Does a pointing gun not affect the grout mix by squeezing the water out of the mix?

I just grouted as normal and when it had gone of went over them with a nail brush and grout film remover on the face of the tile, not the grout line itself.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Colchester
Well the grout gun worked, still very slow but so much better than last time. The sealer really helped also
The grout gun did squeeze some water out the mix but not badly, I did use quite a wet mix in case of this and to help it flow through the small nozzle. I squashed the small round nozzle with pliers to create a thin flat spout which worked great on the grout line. New sponges and clean bucket and there’s no residue at all :)
Now in virtually done in this room I can start there other bathroom on Monday, bloody stratum in there also though

Reply to Ahhhhhh stratum tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Hi All, It's my first post here. I'm currently working on a wetroom in my flat and would love to...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m hoping someone can help. in June 18 we had some tiles fitted to the kitchen and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Bopster

Esteemed
TF
Colchester
Business Name
Jckitchens and Interiors

Thread Information

Title
Ahhhhhh stratum tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond