Discuss Airbus A380 Emergency Landing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
BBC News - Qantas grounds A380s after Singapore emergency landing

An engine blew on one of the world's largest aircraft, the A380.

Rolls Royce share prices have fallen 5% as a result, they make the engines.

Shocking really as they're meant to be the safest plane in the sky. Apparently it was only 6 mins after takeoff and the wing held its integrity but some did strip back including a piece that locals collected that was 5 x 5ft! - and some other debris fell near a school.

Imagine the wreckage if one of those did crash. They're about the size of a large mansion!

D

doug boardley

this is one of my skydiving stories that I don't like to recall. This happened whilst I was on my way back to the UK, and I'd jumped with some of the guys from this crash (and jumped from this plane) One of the survivors (Dan Brodsky Chenfield) hardly had a bone that wasn't broken, yet within 6 months I believe he was jumping again. http://articles.latimes.com/1992-04-23/news/mn-1279_1_perris-valley
He went on to form Arizona Airspeed Arizona Airspeed with my best mate Mark. They went on to form world breaking records in skydiving and their team have won countless world champioships.
When I got back to UK and heard of the crash, I sold all my skydiving gear and haven't jumped since.......yet!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Airbus A380 Emergency Landing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

C
After every flight, Qantas pilots fill out a form, called a "gripe sheet," which tells mechanics...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Airbus A380 Emergency Landing
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.