Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss All round manual cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

M

Matthew77

Hi all i'm looking for advice on what tile cutter i should go for. I've been looking at the Rubi range of cutters, but am now getting a little confused as they seem to have alot of different models and sizes.

Size wise what do most of you use as i guess a bigger the tile cutter will cut bigger tiles but generally a big cutter is going to be a bit of a hassle to work with in smaller spaces. So what would be an ideal size for most of you?

Can someone pls explain the difference between the ts range and tx range?

Thanks

Matthew

P

penno

Hard to advise on one cutter you should get really. The varient in tile sizes that people are going for is huge. First started out i was given an old TS 40 by my dad, went on first job and it was great, small 10 x 10 tiles. Nest job i went on was 60 x 30 tiles, "ffs i need a cutter for these" so off i went and got a ts60. Last week was on a job cutting some dam hard porcelain which my ts 60 could not handle so needed yet another cutter, so off i trotted and got a tx 700 n. Also got a ts 50 as the 40 is showing its age.
Need a cutter for all different occasions, much like women with shoes :)

B

BuyBrandTools

If you want a rubi cutter then the ts50+ is a good all round dry cutter...the difference between the ts and tx ranges is......

1. TS has a fixed breaking mechanism..

2. TX has a movable breaking system..

Dave has the main difference there!

Also the ts range has a higher maximum cutting thickness, whereas the tx has a higher breaking power.

As Penno said in an ideal world you would have a few cutters for different situations and circumstances.

The most popular models we sell are the ts50+, ts60+ and tx700n. We have all of those in stock so 1-2 working days delivery.

http://www.buybrandtools.com/acatalog/Rubi-TS-Prof-Plus.html

http://www.buybrandtools.com/acatalog/Rubi-TXN-Prof.html

If youre interested pm me or call me on 01142513535 and i will try and sort you with the best deal possible.

Cheers Neil

M

Matthew77

i have the ts50+ and the tx700n .. a great combi for any situation......

I was thinking something along those lines, just cant afford 2 cutters right now so its just working out which one to go for first. Maybe a TS60 plus would be a compramise?

Also started looking at the Montolit Masterpiuma cutter now which is giving me more options, thanks grumpy.How Big is the Montolit Masterpiuma63 cutter(roughly) & does it come with a case? thanks :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out a Montolit Masterpiuma 63. Big enough for most things, small enough to be portable. Dual breaking system.

Grumpy

Hey Grumps, I'm an advocate of the monty, same as yours, on a job today and the tiles are 635mmx300mm porcelain and guess what...the cutter won't do them...not big enough and there was me thinking it was a monster..:icon9:

Reply to All round manual cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello. I’m about to do a patio around a pool outside. I’ve been looking at manual scribe and...
Replies
Views
Hi Peeps, I'm new to this site but been in the game a looooong time :) Looking to purchase a new...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking at getting a sigma. I am contemplating between the sigma ceramic cutter...
Replies
Views
Hi Gents, I've got two cutters, a TS-40 and a TS-60, along with a wet saw. However I'm finding...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
All round manual cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%