Guest viewing is limited
  • Thread starter diamondtiling
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 3K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss Alloy wheel refurbishing. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikebidd

You can so it yourself mate just depends how much time patience and skill you have, Also if your wanting them a different colour etc.

Iv done it before by getting tyres taken off. Then cleaning them with "auto glym custon wheel cleaner" Its the blue or orange label one you want. that will clean al the brake dust off. Then iv filed down the bad kerb marks or filled them and sanded down the whole wheel 1500 wet and dry is good enough.

Then send them for powder coating (normally about 15 to 25 a corner) Or which iv done with a lot off wheels..................... Hammerite soray paint followed by as many layers of laquer as you want and job done,

Thats the cheap way off doing it any way lol.

Refurb round here is normally 45 a corner mate

M

mikebidd

Just looked through my pics mate i did the ones below same method

25072010071.jpg

27072010082.jpg

P

paulyoung666

Has anyone ever refurbed their own alloy wheels. The best price I can get is £90 a corner. I have watched a few utube vids and it looks straight forward enough.

Would be grateful for any tips.

:thumbsup:

they must be real bad condition or real big wheels , i believe the norm is about £50 each to refurb , i wouldnt bother doing them yourself , you will struggle to get a robust enough finish on them :thumbsdown:

D

Deleted member 9966

Mate of mine also does wheel refurbs...

You can check out his work online at Carmeleon - Accident Repair & Spray Centre - Home

dave, does your mate travel?

I have a lease car that I plan to send back early in February, and it needs a dent sucking out of a wing and a chunk in the alloy wheel filling. I'd rather fix it before it went back than be charged stupid amounts of money by RBS to have it fixed

:helpsmilie:

Reply to Alloy wheel refurbishing. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, apologies if this has already been covered before but I couldn't find anything in the forum...
Replies
Views
G
evening all i had to buy myself a new dry cutter and having only ever used rubi and ill be...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
W
I will be doing full bathroom renovation, and the plan is to build a walk in shower due to the...
Replies
Views
Paul Bleasdale
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Alloy wheel refurbishing.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.