Discuss Alternative to Hardiback in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

I'm not a fan of no more ply, it's too shiny which in my mind doesn't make the bond as good, and brittle, which makes it split when screwing near the edges. Just my opinion but, hardiebacker is the only board I like and trust out of the ones I've tried.

so far ive only used hardi 6mm and that was a bit hard to get each screw going even got a warwound on the thumb lol. but seems the most ideal and the centres were already there for me. I didn't find it hard to cut and snap... but I havnt tried the 12mm yet! lol

beanz

TF
Berkshire
I'm not a fan of no more ply, it's too shiny which in my mind doesn't make the bond as good, and brittle, which makes it split when screwing near the edges. Just my opinion but, hardiebacker is the only board I like and trust out of the ones I've tried.

Yeah I know what your saying about screwing near the edges, but I found the 12mm Hardie the same until I started countersinking.. The countersink didn't last too long either lol! I didn't get any comeback with the No More Ply, but they were only 12x10 ceramics, so no weight to speak of...
too many health concerns with the Hardie for my liking...

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Just turbo golds.. But now I think about it, I was screwing to that crap Ali stud work, which was actually my reason for countersinking... It wasn't for the cracked corner, although that did happen, and could've been more about being too close to the edge.. Funny how you can remember something completely differently, then something else triggers a more accurate memory!?!?!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Alternative to Hardiback in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Hi, apologies if this has already been covered before but I couldn't find anything in the forum...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
    • Informative
So as a couple of you may be aware, @Simon Dale his daughter Katrina, and myself are on a...
Replies
Views
L

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB