UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Am i missing something in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

prceramics

Priced a job up the guy rang me and said he wants 62 m2 of travertine laid on his floor popped over to have a look concrete floor, he had a sample told him i could do it for £30 per m2 witch came to £1800 including grout addy and sealer floor to be primed and every tile back buttered he said would you do it for £1750 i say sure! so i started to measure the room and it was only 50m2 being honest i call him over and say mate its only 50m2 it will be cheaper he said no not just that room the adjoining room and hallway i measured it up and it came to 93m2 he said oh i thought it was 63m2 so i told him i will have to reprice it which his reply was i am not paying anymore than agreed my final offer was £27 perm2 plus i would of had to work right the way through the weekend with another tiler helping was £2500 his reply was he has had a quote at 19 per m2 elsewhere and would go with that do you think he was trying to pull a fast one ?

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

i think we are now starting to go into the real recession the slow down over the last 2 mouths has been very fast the foot fall in all shops is down. foot fall today is your sales next mouth the signs are more builders plummers chippes takeing on any work mr diy doing more diy i dont see things changing untill the middle of 2014 this reminds me now of the start of the ninetees recession

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
all he will get for a cheap price is a cheap job.I had a moan on here the other day about losing 3 jobs to plumbers recently.I drove past one of them jobs this eve and the plumber was tiling the bathroom floor with basic cement addy.Only problem is the tiles are porcelain and the concrete screed (10 ")is around 10 days old............I rest my case

Just wait for the call :hurray:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Am i missing something in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.