Discuss american power tools in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

mig.jpg Every tiler needs one of these in their tool kit!!

C

Concrete guy

so its just a matter of changing the plug over? Have heard reports that because the hz is not the same as ours that it causes the tools to burn out quicker. don't know how reliable that is.

My US Spec Mitre Saw was used daily to make packing cases in my warehouse. It ran for 5 years without issue at which point it needed a new main bearing on the spindle. The motor is still going strong.

I didn't simply swap the plug to a UK one though I have a US to UK step down converter which utilises the original US plug still. One of these infact:-

UK 240v to USA 110volt Step Down Transformer 2000Va

I bought a lot of USA tools in one go back when the exchange rate was silly ($2 - £1) some years ago so even spending money on a step down converter saved me shed loads.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to american power tools in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
What are electric cleaning brushes? . Powered by electricity, it can scrub anywhere in your...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB