UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Anhydrite screed diy tiling advice Photos included in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

tile-0.jpg tile-1.jpg tile-2.jpg tile-4.jpg tile-5.jpg tile-6.jpg

tile-7.jpg tile-8.jpg
Hi there this is my first post from me.

I have been renovating my house for the last 2+ years, it is a early 18th century cottage style house set quite rural.
Around 19 months ago i set about installing under floor heating (wet system) did all the prep work myself.

It already had a concrete floor but was set on soil and only around 50-80mm thick, this was removed and i dug down.

Hi there this is my first post from me.
I have been renovating my house for the last 2+ years, it is a early 18[SUP]th[/SUP] century cottage style house set quite rural.
Around 19 months ago i set about installing under floor heating (wet system) did all the prep work myself.
It already had a concrete floor but was set on soil and only around 50-80mm thick, this was removed and i dug down.
The floor is made up of (from memory)
150mm hardcore compacted
DPM membrane 1200g polly
150mm of concrete
100mm Celotex
Think it was 300g of polly sheet certainly thinner than the DPM placed on the Celotex
Foam around the skirting
Plummer clipped pipe though the polly sheet into the Celotex, pressurised the system.
75mm of easy flow screed was pumped in.

Like i said this was around 19 months ago, the under floor heating has been on and is fully working.

Now at the time all i was told was 2 coats of SBR and tile away.

Now after reading on here it seems there is more to tiling on this substrate than first thought :yikes: So i am after some advice please.

Tiles are 680mm x 450mm porcelain laid in brick pattern; they are from Tile Choice and are called Deli natural

Ok so do i need a un coupling membrane mat thingy if so which is the best brand ?

Again after reading on here it seems that a gypsum based adhesive would be best, assuming i use the mat if i stick the mat down with a gypsum based addy can you then use a cement based on top of the mat.

Any pointers would be good

Thanks Paul

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anhydrite screed diy tiling advice Photos included in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Need some help please with calculating levels and the build up of the floor to support tiling...
Replies
Views
Hi i'm self building my own barn conversion and have a anhydrite screed and underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at laying some large ceramic tiles, on top of Arditex NA SLC in my front porch...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.