Discuss AnhyFix in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Will the tiles just be sat over that big whole when you come to actually tile stef? If not how will you be filling it? Sorry if I'm taking it off topic. Cheers

That will be filled in with granite & then I will stick a tile down into place.
It doesn't really need fixed as its just to cover up where the pipes will go, it will never see any foot traffic.

S

Stef

Can’t say I’m that impressed with that bond. You pulled itof the dabs with your hand and scraped the adhesive of the floor with hardlyany effort

Deano, I already had a go at that tile, 3 or 4 attempts to pull it up, that took a lot of effort to get up & those dabs didn't want to move.
If you have a solid bed under those tiles then it isn't going to move.

S

Stef

You were able to remove the dabs with a scraper and a smallamount of effort no hammer required. Do the same test with Weber SPF on to aS&C screed and see if you can get it up with the same action as you did inthe video

I've removed tiles easier than that from screeds.
I know what you mean but that adhesive had only been down about 12hrs.
The point I was trying to put across is that there are a few people scared from these screeds & they don't need to be if using appropriate adhesives & primer.

S

Spud

I got my son to take a faulty tile out of a floor we tiled with anhyfix he took over 3 hours to remove it and no piece was bigger than a 50 pence piece the customer commented on it when I went back to silicone the expansion joints it was solid bedded and backed the adhesive is unbelievable and i am really really impressed with it ,I didn't watch your video just telling of my experience with it

S

Stef

What I was even more impressed with is the bond to the porcelain tile I expected it to grip the substrate but the bond to the tile is incredible

I will second that Gary,
The last Gyvlon I did I had to replace one tile, that was when I realised how good a gypsum to gypsum adhesive was.
I was a bit dubious about the bond but I shouldn't have been as it sticks very very well.
No doubt I will be needing to rip something up on this job, if I do, then I will take another video & show how a solid bedded tile comes up.

S

Stef

stef did you have to break the first tile to remove it mate? seems it would of been a stuggle to at least remove without damaging another tile unless you sacrificed that one? cheers

Those were just 2 off cuts to carry my level/bond across where the bath waste will eventually be placed,
The 2 cuts were just put in place with small dabs of adhesive.
The 1st cut I used a pry bar to lift out & that second cut is being lifted out by my boy, I had already had 3/4 goes at lifting it with my hands, that's why I thought I'm going to video this.

I've still another 200+m2 to stick down on the job so no doubt there will be tiles here & there that will need replaced. If there is I will stick on another video & show how well AnhyFix sticks with a solid bed.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to AnhyFix in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
  • Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views
D
Hi Thanks to all who provided advice on my bathroom project 3 years ago, tiling both the...
Replies
Views
swanman
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB