Discuss Another bathroom job in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
This one got quite involved and I learnt so much from it, the customer and his Dad helped with the labour which was quite intense.

Overview of job:
DSCF0601.jpg

DSCF0602.jpg

DSCF0600.jpg

DSCF0599.jpg

DSCF0598.jpg

Toilet wall to be removed.
Shower cubicle to go where toilet is.
Toilet window to be removed and bricked up.
Bathroom window to be removed and replaced with a bigger one.
Extractor fan to be relocated.
New stud wall and door to be fitted.
Bath to go under window wall with tiled panels.
Towel rad to be fitted.
Pedestal-less basin and toilet to be moved to old bath wall.
All the new waste means smashing old cast iron soil stack and replacing with plastic.
Downlights to be installed.
Reboard entire room.

Last edited:
M

MICK the Tiler

Yet another BRILLIANT!! looking job Macten :thumbsup:

If I were to be a bit PICKY!! and that's what I'm here for:smilewinkgrin: I would have tried to line those wall tiles up with the floor, this all depends on how the set-out goes of course and I'm certainly not putting the BRILLIANT looking job down, but for me to line that tile up would have gone from BRILLIANT !! to TOTAL SHHHHHWING!!!

That can happen when you do the walls first.

Top Marks:thumbsup::thumbsup:

M

MICK the Tiler

Cheers Mick - How would I have done that with the floor tiles being smaller and square?

Hi Macten,

Just from the pics it looks like the wall tiles are 600x300 and the floor tiles are 300x300 so I was thinking by moving the wall tile across so it bridged 2 floor tiles the joint may have lined up, so what I'm trying to say is if you have a larger wall tile you can still line the floor up on every second floor tile. Does that make sense?

I'll draw it if need be :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Another bathroom job in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB