Discuss Another know it all. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
:thumbsdown:
Just been to look at another job. Large Victorian house with a moosive bathroom. This job was apparantly started last September? Plumber has done his bit and that looks ok, the builder/chippy has been and gone and both are awaiting tiling to be done so they can finish.

Opened the door of said bathroom and could not believe my eyes.........due to an old building, and rooms being knocked about, they have a metre platform just inside of the room......the full width. Then a 6" step down into main area......which has been overboarded with, wot looks like 4mm ply, over floorboards that are flexing all over the place.....kicking UP at the perimeter of the room as well. Said builder/joiner also said it is ok to tile onto the platform area, which is original chopped about floorboards.....and the 6" step.

I think I have started a riot between the builder-customer.....when I stated that it has to All get ripped out, because I will not touch it otherwise. Don't know the builder, but I got his phone number, and am gonna call him and tell him "not a chance"

So maybe I will get some ear ache from him, as builders "always know best"

Rant over......I'm off to pack my bags for a week in Lanzerote. :8:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Likewise......went to see a job today a full bathroom,floor to ceiling job. The plasterer had applied undercoat plaster to all 4 walls over the moisture resistant plasterboard and told her it was fine to tile on.:mad2:

I'm sure Doug will agree with me here, no plasterer would ever put under coat plaster to plasterboard , he certainly was not a plasterer [emoji85]

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Another know it all. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB