Discuss Another multi tool in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

area tiling

TF
Arms
n.ireland
Seen this today on offer in BQ looks alright, don't think the Bosch or fein blades would fit it though !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 177
C

Colour Republic

After splashing out so much on the fein for then the bosch to come out so much cheaper and then countless others even cheaper than that (think an aldi one for £25 was the cheapest so far) I started to get a bit pee'd off but then recently I was talking to a chippy who also had the fein, he said whilst on another site he had a race of his fein against another guys bosch (as you often do to prove who has the biggest tool :lol:) apparently the fein left the bosch for dust (excuse the pun!).

Which is good to hear and justifies the extra cost of the fein, assuming you use the tool for many different tasks as I tend to. If you just use it to say cut the bottoms of architrave or cutting the odd damaged tile out, then I think you can't go far wrong with the above or a real cheapy as you're not likely to use it for longer than a couple of minutes at a time.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
After splashing out so much on the fein for then the bosch to come out so much cheaper and then countless others even cheaper than that (think an aldi one for £25 was the cheapest so far) I started to get a bit pee'd off but then recently I was talking to a chippy who also had the fein, he said whilst on another site he had a race of his fein against another guys bosch (as you often do to prove who has the biggest tool :lol:) apparently the fein left the bosch for dust (excuse the pun!).

Which is good to hear and justifies the extra cost of the fein, assuming you use the tool for many different tasks as I tend to. If you just use it to say cut the bottoms of architrave or cutting the odd damaged tile out, then I think you can't go far wrong with the above or a real cheapy as you're not likely to use it for longer than a couple of minutes at a time.

That's all I use mine for which is why I got the Bosch cordless. It would be useless for a re grouting job but for me it's perfect

C

charlie1

I gave one of the joiners a shot of my fein the qther day, he was very impressed after being dissapointed with others (bosch i think) I like the weight of the bosch but it certainly dosent cut as quick as the fein. My reasoning for this is the sheer weight of the tool, as the blade on these machines recipitates, it has a counter motion transfered directly back to the tool, the more counter motion directed back = loss of cutting motion, this is more apparent in lighter machines!

area tiling

TF
Arms
n.ireland
How much is it?

Which B&Q did you see them in Area?

Some class clearance deals in B&Q. Got a QEP750/Master Tiler for £60 a few years back. Was the only one left or I'd have bought another.
Coleraine branch, once got an hitachi hammer drill ex demo for £70 retail price was £289 still going strong and its done alot o hard Graf !

I've got a work one. Picked it up in the same b&q clearance sale by the look of it but got mine last summer. Decent enough tool and had no problems so far. Can you really go wrong for £50? I couldn't justify £250+ for a Fein when I don't use it every day/job. Mine came with an adapter too to use Fein/Bosch blades.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Another multi tool in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Has anyone seen this before? It's not grout between these tiles, looks like tile adhesive or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a keen DIYer and have chosen an Impey Aqua Dec 4 and waterguard tanking kit. The Aqua...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had a leak from the shower to the room below. I thought it was likely the silicone seal...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB