Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Another query! This time re scrimming and skimming in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

yjag

Hi Guys, have got the plasterboard up. I wouldn't say it looks professional but not bad for a first attempt! We have yet to take down the bit of wood holding up the piece above the window but I'm sure it'll be fine! Many thanks for the tips.

We now need to fill the gaps and I'm not sure what you fill the gaps with? I have brought scrim tape and will get some finishing plaster but, also, what do you stick the scrim on with.

Hope you can help

Yvonne :confused_smile:

G

grumpygrouter

Shouldn't be a problem if they are not too big. Adhesive is not designed to be applied too thickly otherwise it can crack. If the gaps are any bigger than 5 or 6 mm thaen you would be better filling with something like Ardex AM100 but it is quite expensive for such things.

Incedently, you can use BAL Rapidset to do the same thing, it will go off quicker allowing you to get on with your tiling sooner. Drawback is that you will need to work much more quickly filling your joints.

Grumpy

Reply to Another query! This time re scrimming and skimming in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have done a bit of tiling before but I will be tiling our shower room soon and we have a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Another query! This time re scrimming and skimming
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.