Discuss Another Tilemaster convert? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Liverpool
So after reading all the positive posts and given their current standing in the poll it seems fate has lead me to Tilemaster. We were running short on addy last week, our supplier couldn't get our usual gear until late this week but said he could get Tilemaster in 48hrs. Tomorrow we've got 30 bags of Setaflex and 12 bags of Ultimate to get stuck into. Will post my thoughts when I've given it a fair chance. I really hope its as good as I think its going to be, looking forward to getting away from our usual gear.

Q

Qwerty

So after reading all the positive posts and given their current standing in the poll it seems fate has lead me to Tilemaster. We were running short on addy last week, our supplier couldn't get our usual gear until late this week but said he could get Tilemaster in 48hrs. Tomorrow we've got 30 bags of Setaflex and 12 bags of Ultimate to get stuck into. Will post my thoughts when I've given it a fair chance. I really hope its as good as I think its going to be, looking forward to getting away from our usual gear.

Looking forward to your findings!

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Liverpool
Ok its been an age, Christmas has come and gone etc! Views in short are as follows. On the whole, hugely impressed. Setaflex mixes easily, spreads nice, workable pot life, possibly the nicest s1 I've used. Ultimate took a little getting used too if honest. Couldn't quite the mix right for a while. Probably not the easiest adhesive to work with just because of the elasticity of the mix. However, I can live with that and the fact it took forever to cure because when it does its like the proverbial s#!t to a blanket. Also now used the tradeflex. Again very impressed,but for the extra pennies I'll be sticking with Setaflex. Pun intended.

No mate, not used the admix yet. Has Tileworld stopped trading? I work alot in Wales, the tilemaster stockist over there told me they had. I'd never even been in there to be honest, doing a bit for EG at the minute.
They closed for about a week mate and then reopened the Bootle shop and closed the brombough shop but there back open now (not the brombough one) I also do a bit for e.g the Bootle shop tho the blue ultra adhesive is a very good adhesive as well goes off a bit quick like

S

Stef

I agree mate very good leveller when you try and clean the bucket out the next day it's all stuck together by the fibres. It flows very nicely too

Another good leveller from TileMaster.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390506331.565295.jpg
Flows great but very strange to work with as its White!!!

Thanks to Lee @ Tiletown for sending it up for me..

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Yes they do mate them and tileworld in Bootle (derby rd) are the only ones who Tilemaster supply to. Have you tried using the flex master primer /admixture in with the trade flex or seta flex it's the same as the ultimate very good

The company I work for sell tradeflex through the showroom tobins,£12 or 14 a bag. rjm tiling on st marys rd next to Garston library.

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Oh really I spoke to Marc from Tilemaster I while back and he said he was only supplying those 2 but I suppose it's the other end of the city. Rjm tiling ye I have seen that did the boss there used to be partners with Ian from I.C.Ceramics by allerton rd ? I used to work for them years ago

Yes that's the same guy, ian's moved now his new place is in woolton village.

I seen Gary I while back he was working on a wetherspoons were I live I stopped and had a chat with him he was saying his sons and Ian's son were working with them now. I had priced the job up as well and just missed out Ian:yikes: but Gary was saying the job was pain so that softened the blow haha. But even tho I was a tiler before I worked for Ian I really learnt my trade with him but it was hard work

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Another Tilemaster convert? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
F
I've been using tilemaster adhesives for a few years, usually standard setaflex for walls and...
Replies
Views
Just tiled a floor this week with said adhesive... My normal choice many know is primer and...
Replies
Views
G
Tiled my floor today and used a part bag of Ultimate for the 1st row. Then I used what else I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB