UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss any geordie/mackem tilers? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

robertscjr

alright ladies & gents, this is my first post! my names chris i am based in gateshead & i have just come back from australia on a gap year. whilst i was away i decided i wanted to get into tiling as i was sick of my previous office based job & i was going to pay to attend north east tile training in south shields - however i actually managed to get onto a course via the dole where i get a 7 week training course (first 3 weeks sat in a boring office swatting up for the cscs card & 4 weeks hands on tiling training in a controlled environment in some units down north shields) i am due to do my first week down there starting on monday & was wondering if any of you are looking to take on a really keen lad with a hard working ethic once my training is finished. due to the course i am on if i get a job or even a placement then they will buy all my tools & they pay for me to be asessed for a nvq level 2 & i am also led to believe that there is a £2k grant for the employer as a sweetener for all the training & advice i'll be picking up. if self employment is the best route (which im led to believe it is) then was just wanting some feedback from gateshead/newcastle/sunderland based tilers in terms of how much work is out there at the min? i fully appreciate of course that you have to get out there & sell yourself to get the graft but just wanting a rough idea - cheers people.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to any geordie/mackem tilers? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Good morning, i took voluntary redundancy that kicks in at the end of September. I did a home...
Replies
Views
Hello. First time tiler looking for some advice. Doing a bathroom reno and had a professional...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really sorry to bore Many of you. I didn't want to hijack another post. I'm 42 good...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.