Currently reading:
Any musicians here?

Discuss Any musicians here? in the Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries area at TilersForums.com.

L

limco

Just wondering if any of my fellow tilers are musicians.
I played bass in a band in Scotland for 13 years, but now I just fiddle about with my 8 track recording studio at home, writing new songs and all that.
If I tell you this, please do not laugh ! Tam paton (Bay City Rollers) was our manager for a couple of years- but nothing really happened there!
Supported the Simple minds one time and had a record contact with a Glasgow record company............but we were sacked for drinking up all our tour money.
Those were the days eh!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I play guitar at a mediocre level. Though the guy that got me into it and showed me my first few songs is in a band called The Way and tours locally, has their albums on itunes and that. Gone a bit too punky for me though to be fair. I then got another guy into guitars and he too plays a million times better than me now and is a band and all that, not as big as The Way though.

Would like to learn the piano more but don't really have the time for it.

I used to go all the festivals too but don't have the time for that either these days.

I think I've asked this before and got a good response if I remember rightly, we have a few dabblers on here. :thumbsup:

L

limco

This was me about 30 years ago.....while in the band.
Now I have no hair !
shy.jpg

U

user123

Davesaz, you give lessons, eh... bet it's nowhere near Scarborough though...?
I took two intense years of tenor saxophone lessons, practised for hours on end, wanted to be a second Barabara Thomson I saw play in London many moons ago, and my saxophone teacher was a guy called Pete Thomson, who also played the flute and the blues harmonica, so I got those, too, but never did much with them after I got pregnant and moving to a small Cornis village, where EVERYBODY could hear me practise! HOw embarassing... at a mediocre level of gitar, too, had many years practise as a teenager... but am not really talented enough to get past a certain level with any musical instrument... played the tenor sax in a reggae band in Finsbury park for a while, repetitive, non-demanding stuff...

D

doug boardley

Davesaz, you give lessons, eh... bet it's nowhere near Scarborough though...?
I took two intense years of tenor saxophone lessons, practised for hours on end, wanted to be a second Barabara Thomson I saw play in London many moons ago, and my saxophone teacher was a guy called Pete Thomson, who also played the flute and the blues harmonica, so I got those, too, but never did much with them after I got pregnant and moving to a small Cornis village, where EVERYBODY could hear me practise! HOw embarassing... at a mediocre level of gitar, too, had many years practise as a teenager... but am not really talented enough to get past a certain level with any musical instrument... played the tenor sax in a reggae band in Finsbury park for a while, repetitive, non-demanding stuff...
saw her at our little local venue, Brewery Arts Centre, her husband Jon Hiseman was on drums, absolutely amazing drummer, he did a 25 minute fast tempo solo..awesome.

Reply to Any musicians here? in the Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

E
Top five regrets of the dying A nurse has recorded the most common regrets of the dying, and...
Replies
Views
T
There has been more major inventions came from the Scots than any other country in the World...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
H
Hello folks, I'v been recovering all day after a truly brilliant wedding yesterday! One of my...
Replies
Views
TheWrightTiler
T
Just got back from my hols. 8 days in sunny Ibiza. 6 days before we travelled (Friday 13th) my...
Replies
Views
david campbell
D
IT'S A PURE DEAD GIVE-AWAY THAT YOU'RE SCOTTISH IF :- 1. You consider scattered showers with...
Replies
Views
brian c
B

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB