UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss any one know anything about laptops? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You can get a new screen for any laptop I think mate.

It will need the screen replacing though I think.

Depending on the type, there are some youtube videos tell you how to swap a screen. And then 2nd hand screens or laptops with broken hard drives on ebay. Pretty much all the time.

What make and model is it?

F

Fliselege

My mate had strict rules with his new laptop which included kids stay away from it and no drinks near it. He put it on the coffee table to link it up with his telly, went to move my beer and caught the power lead with his shin and it smashed onto the floor. Still works but one hinge on one side snapped, the speakers and mic stopped working and it can't be closed. He's seeing it through to the death as just a few weeks before it happened his wife threw a cup of tea over hers and claimed on the insurance so he didn't feel right making another claim. I saw the humour straight away, it took him a while...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I have a toshiba laptop I used to use for work. they keyboard failed on it so I used to plugin a normal PC keyboard via USB and stick that on top of the normal laptop keyboard. Then the fans went in it so I had an external fan about the size of the laptop under it. The touchpad wasn't accessible with the keyboard on top so I had an external mouse I used.

To carry the lot I needed a ruck sack.

It still just about works to this day. I'll take a picture of it when I get chance.

The toshiba I had before that, the power lead failed, couldn't get another (well, 80 quid - not worth it imo) but I did have a car charger. So I rigged up a car battery to a car battery charger so It was always powered up, crocodile clips on the car batter connecting the *** lighter end of the power lead to those, and then that lead to power the laptop. That was heavier and took about the same space up as the other one I had later.

Some of the things I've done to get online is ridiculous.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to any one know anything about laptops? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views
Last Dec tiled a small conservatory (13m) with 600mm porcelain tiles. Prior to tiling another...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.