UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss any one used this system in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I have a job coming up in the next few weeks 1800 x900 porcelain tiles in a bathroom going to have to mechanically fix them and I have tried slotting and using stainless wire but I have not been happy with the results so i am going to give this a go i will post some pictures when i ge it ,i just e-mailed Colin a reminder as he was supposed to come back to me today with a price and delivery date so i can pay him for it

J

jonnyc

I have asked Colin from kwik split to get me one of these delivery in 3 weeks RAIMONDI RAI-FIX - YouTube
havent used this but was looking at it last year .
for thin porcelain if you have to have mech fix seems a very good system.
i dont do exterior cladding to buildings but do feature glacier stone walls @40mm thick in pool houses and office foyers few times a year.
We use akemi and steel wire, drilling in to top of stone or angled cut to back but the stone is 40mm thick . but would not consider my method in a commercial environment at height.
I think that it must be worth the money gary as you will charge a premium for this type of work anyway i assume.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to any one used this system in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.