Discuss any pointers please. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

casioman

Hi this is my first project. I would like a little advise on setting out and squaring the window. From the photo you can see the waste pipes for wc and sink are centered around the window, ( ignore socket it has been safely removed ) which will take presidence when setting out . I will be using 400x250 ceramic tiles and a 3tile travatine mosaic as a border to finish half way up the window. I want to keep the window sill. I will be using a piece of plastic trim between sill and mosaics and but jointing the mosiacs at the top . My questions are do I cut sill to accomodate tile or cut tile to accomodate sill ? and in which order do I tile ? Do i tile from first full tile at bottom to level on sill, then square window , tile up sides of window . or tack up trim to squared measurement of window and then tile to this , followed by tiles in reveal?

any advise appreciated.

casioman

Attachments

• cloakroom project 17th march.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 70
There's a lot of questions there, but basically, you're asking how to set-out the wall, and if you should remove the sill, or tile round it. But you say you wanna keep the sill.
I'd either chop the ends off, or remove the whole cill / overboard etc.

Setting-out & 'how to tile a window' have been covered many a time, so do a quick search and you'll see lots of previous advice on how to set-out etc...

But, as per my 1st reply on your 1st thread, get some quotes?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to any pointers please. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi, apologies if this has already been covered before but I couldn't find anything in the forum...
Replies
Views
I searched but did not find an answer. I been advised to get a wet tile cutter, I plan to cut...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
G
evening all i had to buy myself a new dry cutter and having only ever used rubi and ill be...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB