Discuss Any stocks n shares traders here? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Tried forex trading and failed miserably. Had shares in brands and they dipped to valueless. I think I need tips too. Lol

Glad I didn't get some Facebook shares! Perhaps now's the time to buy Fb shares. Lost confidence in it all though to be honest.

I'm fairly capable of doubling small amounts of cash by buying and selling small stuff to be fair.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I went with a firm who had trading floors themselves, and a guy from there when I was testing their software (Jon law was his name 6 letters - always remover it, shortest full name I've known) called me and stayed on the phone for ages, and he showed me how to use it with pretend credits. He doubled my money at the right time and left me to it. I increased it a little more after a few days, so thought sod it lets go for it. Lost all that I put in in just hours lol

Watched Louis Theroux's documentary thing on trading and some of the guys on their we're wired permanently on legal stimulants just to stay awake for the right trading times day in day out. Made a lot of cash and had lots and lots of luxury items but they didn't ever look happy with it.

Greed must kick in big time if you get good at forex.

Ill just stick to what I know now I think and stay well away from just chancing it with cash.

That sort of trading is all about implementing a strategy that you've worked out or use and sticking to it.
IE: sticking to your stop losses/stop sells.

Better of trading shares on a short to medium term imho. I usually look to hold anywhere from 3 mths to 3 yrs , unless of course the jam turns up early and the value is outed.

For me currently my starting list is P/E < 10 + Yield > 3.5% then investigate from there.

Diggy

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
See that's where I got lost. I'd setup the software to sell at the right times or sell if it dipped too much. And before I knew it I'd sold it all and ended up with little cash left.

What little profit it did make the odd time I'd lose loads more on others.

I genuinely don't know what I'm doing. And when asking people who have made a bit out of it, they've said it's mostly down to chance and covering your losses and trading a lot to spread the risks. A full time thing moreso than toying with it every now and again and even then they can lose out loads.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Shares wise I'd like to buy goog. I keep going to google Adwords and Adsense days. Earned cash off google for years and have a really good understanding h of their business. And I do believe it'll keep growing for a while yet. Competition just don't get a look in when it comes to searches. UK is 10% of their total global market. And I know 95% of searches in UK are on google.

In any other market they'd get told to sell some market share to a competitor. And they have 1 month (in eu) to explain to complaints why they favour their own products over competitors in search results. Nothing will come of it.

But that's where my knowledge ends I wouldn't know when to buy, how much to buy, etc - so never have.

Bought shares in random names before now and they're worth nothing.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Any stocks n shares traders here? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/04/hgv-driver-shortage-uk-firms-embark-on-the-long-...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
FIXRADIO are looking for 20 nominations for their Wall and Floor Tiler of the year 2019...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB