UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Anybody used Trade-Ability? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Liamjay

Hi all,

Just wanting to know if anybody has used Trade-Ability over in Balderton, Newark.

Ive looked on there website, and read that they deal alot with Armed Forces Resettlement, so surely this is a good thing?

The reviews on there websites all read well, but obviously these could all be made up by the webmaster!

Its local to me, and the price seems really really good, but im wanting to go into the tiling sector professionally doing domestic work, so just wondered if this course seems fit. Of course before I do any domestic work, im going to do my own kitchen floor and walls, bathrooms etc so i can confidently do simple things solo! :)

Any reviews would be great! Failing this, there's a course at my local college but its only 3 hours a week for 4 weeks which seems a little drawn out and not in depth enough.

Thanks in advance,

Liam

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Their website has been going since April 2007 by the looks of it. So you'd expect to find feedback on the forum for them if they're good but I can't. That's not to say they're not though.

Their tiling courses page, according to their own stats at the bottom of it, has only been viewed 160 odd times, so considering only about 10% would book (if that) - they've possibly had only about 16 people actually book via their website. That doesn't sound too good either. Though perhaps they updated their website last week and that's 16 in a week which perhaps would suggest they're good.

I'd perhaps go visit them, speak to people who are on the course (not just the trainers etc), and also go view 2 or 3 more.

It's very important you go to the right training centre that does a good job and has plenty of good feedback around the internet from genuine people. If it's the start of your business, then distance should be the last thing you're booking for. They need to be really good at teaching tiling and that's all.

We have a bunch of training centres and even a college that sponsor us (click them in the sidebar on the right). Perhaps go check those out. We don't have sponsors unless they're the best in their field. But also go view a a couple of others just so you can compare.

Good luck either way. And thanks for joining the forum.

D

db12

Hi

Bit out of date for original post but yes I used them in December 2012 for the tiling course as im from Lincoln. Its a good setup, especially for a complete novice! Personally i'd never laid a single tile in my life, I did the 2 weekend option, its a four day course but its easily completed in 3 (4th day is if you just want to practice or play around with bits) there was 5 people on ours, (runs a maximum of 6) There was also a plastering course running next door as well as a bricklayer and some of the chaps tiling had just come of the decorators course the week previous.

It covers everything you need to know to get started, working on a flat wall, a window wall, floor, the proper way to set out, mix adhesives/grout, wet/dry cuts, filing, beading etc and 98% of time your doing practical work.

I came away after the course confident enough to go out and charge for work, since that first job I had 3-4 more bigger come off the back of it and as of 8th April it is my new full time career.

Give them a call, they are decent people and definatley not a scam!

The only thing I would say is that if you dont need the official btec/nvq qualification I wouldn't bother paying the extra, you do exactly the same as everyone else regardless!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anybody used Trade-Ability? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
C
Hi Guys, been a little while as been crazy busy and then been ill for a good few weeks, anyway...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.