UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss anyone had problems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
HI there

No not a lot of traffic we have had the area sales rep out and he is blaming not enough stain stop sealer being applied but come on the top glaze has worn right off
My other concern is that this product has been discontinued and i have had two differing reasons for this from classical flagstones

So a sealer that stops staining can stop the tile wearing off can it?!?

Get it in writing from them!

J

jonnyc

I was the first tiler recommended by classical flagstones about 20 years ago and did many many of their imitation stone floors until i got worried that the surface would wear off and then paul sold out to marshalls who i believe still own classical flagstones but decided to keep the original name.
they have now branched out in to stone but do have stands in many tile and stone shops.
I think you need to check the display or samples and their literature to see if there is any mention or sightings of wear on their floors .
Strangely i have just looked them up and cant find replica stone at all so maybe they have stopped that now.
20 years ago there wasnt much choice of real stone and these replica flags from moulds of real yorkstone were very popular.
I fitted a CF white limestone flag floor about 5 years ago and had terrible issues with corners of stones being way too thin and humped in middle and when laid in broken bond had massive lips and cracks in middle of stone.
i never fixed another one again.
in answer to your question about not enough stainstop being applied this is absolute nonsense. stainstop is an impregnator sealer and will not stop surface wearing at all.
years ago on the replica yorkstone classical flagstones used to supply a product called CF1 made by lithofin especially for them. it was an accrylic sealer but did protect the face of stone .
this got dropped for stainstop i think with maybe suggestion that multiseal be used as well, which will give litlte surface wear protection.
would be interesting to know exactly which replica stone you bought.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to anyone had problems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just removed the floor tiles in our on suite. After...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.