UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Anyone had this before? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DN1986

Had a call today from some guy at homebase looking for 2 new tilers for the branches in Leeds area.

Sounds abit like a franchise as you pay £12 a week to which you get leads from their customers.

Offered a few other things like advertising and stuff. He wanted to meet up this week when he is in Leeds from the Macclesfield office.

Never had a call like this before but just wondered if anyone else had?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
i get many calls like this, and i told them as neal just mentioned, most people that go to a d.i.y store......d.i.y..he then said my number would be past on to the people that buy kitchens and bathrooms,yes, along with all the bathroom and kitchen fitting companys, that proberly have there own tilers anyway....so... i.m.o.....complete waste of time and money..

the best quote from these people when i say no is "dont you want anymore work" i usually reply that if they can put it in writing that i'll get work because of them i'll sign up,never get anything in writing and they usually leave me alone for a while.
ive had the homebase call,has nothing to do with homebase just the business card thing at the front of the shop. cant say how many people actually take cards from there but it cant be that many.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I've got a joiner mate and he fits kitchens for Homebase in Leeds. He does the survey and then gets all the other relevant trades in to do the full job, not recommendations by the store. The customer pays the store, the store pays my mate and he then pays the trades. So I would say if they do this same thing out of each store then it's unlikely that you would get any work from this guy!

i had a similar thing from tesco.its basically an advertising card set up.the people selling the contract have bought a :right of sale: from homebase,then try and sell ad contracts to uncle tom cobly and all.I probably just covered the cost of the deal.would i repeat it? no. best spend some ofthe cost on local ads.they will tell you anything to sign up, steer clear.

A

advancetiling

unfortunately my naievity got me stung a few year ago with a company offering me loads of work for a subscription.mentioning no names but theyre based in leeds.Anyway,to cut a long story short,i refused to pay when i got no leads,complained and out of the blue got a call from trading standards today saying they wanted some more info and a meeting with me as loads have complained and theyre being investigated.cant see me getting reimbursed but suppose you live and learn.i learnt the hard way.Dont even entertain any of these "job" calls anymore,all a scam.steer well clear.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anyone had this before? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Wet UFH in screed, between joists covered with ply. Is this a thing? I got a call the other...
Replies
Views
T
It’s in open forum so ‘mind your language ‘! On Monday last week I did something I’ve not done...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.