Discuss Anyone know how thorough agency reference checks are? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

Knifey_Spoony

I have moved to London after working abroad for the past 4 years.The agency's have been asking for a recent reference from someone in the UK which I don't have so I have been getting turned down.If I just give them a mates number will that be enough or will they want proof he actually has a company and I have worked for him?
I don't want to go down this route but obviously I need to work and don't see what else I can do as there only seems to be agency work out there.I am qualified and have CSCS so im not trying to pull a fast one.Anyone have any advice?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I have moved to London after working abroad for the past 4 years.The agency's have been asking for a recent reference from someone in the UK which I don't have so I have been getting turned down.If I just give them a mates number will that be enough or will they want proof he actually has a company and I have worked for him?
I don't want to go down this route but obviously I need to work and don't see what else I can do as there only seems to be agency work out there.I am qualified and have CSCS so im not trying to pull a fast one.Anyone have any advice?

Liar Liar pants on fire......:lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anyone know how thorough agency reference checks are? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
Started a wet room this week normally I use mosaics on the tray but they don't do a matching one...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
T
When looking at the opportunity to work in the USA, it's obvious that we here in Britain have it...
Replies
Views
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
Hi This is my 1st post in the forum. I have been a tiler for 13 years. I have started my own...
Replies
Views
W
I would like to thank Dan for the hard work he has put into the forum as another change has...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB