Discuss Anyone seen this wall before? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Smudger

Hiya folks. Doing a bathroom at the moment, customer had started to remove tiles and thought it was plaster board. I intended to rip board down and reboard. However, it turns out that it's not a boarded partition as I thought, but a 4" wall made of compacted straw coated in paper (same as plasterboard). The paper has come off in places with the tiles exposing the straw. Now not sure whether to try to board it, but not sure of what fixing I'll get; or to whack a good coat of skim over the lot. Never come across this material before. Any ideas?

Reply to Anyone seen this wall before? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

on a job at the mo and the walls are a bit shoddy so i want to reboard with plaster board apart...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, after a bit of advice please. I have a bathroom to tile and the walls are made of...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
J
Hi all, this is my 1st post on here, been searching for an answer for 2 weeks to this, so thanks...
Replies
Views
John the spark
J
Y
Hi All, I have for the past 24 hours getting to grips with a lot of issues with regard to...
Replies
Views
YNWA2012
Y
E
Hi all, I am a newbie and diyer. We are retiling the bathroom in our new house but are having...
Replies
Views
elaine17
E

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Anyone seen this wall before?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.