Discuss Anyone Use a Jigsaw with Tile blade in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

Jigsaw blades do exist for harder materials but they are really only designed as a problem solver when all other alternatives are exhausted.

We stock these:-

P1080605crop_zpsd3464169.jpg

Designed for cutting quartz, granite and marble and similar.

Usually used to take out internal corner cuts on things like flush fitting hobs and undermount sinks where the degree of accuracy required is high.

For tiling they aren't really relevant.

D

Deleted member 1779

PORSABLADE_LOGO_660.jpg

porsablade600.jpg

jigsaw.jpg

[h=1]One of the most versatile tools to own is a jigsaw. It can help you cut curves, circles and shapes right in the centre of a tile without cutting in from the edge. A jigsaw can also cut straight lines if a guide is fitted. Porsablade will help you cut perfect circles and shapes deep inside VERY hard porcelain tiles.[/h] [h=1] Jigsaws blades also sit up straight meaning the edge of newly cut tile at a perfect 90 degrees is ultra stong and flat. All Porsablade jigsaw blades are triple coated with our time proven Ultra Hard Diamond Matrix giving you maximum durability and tool life. [/h]
[h=1][SIZE=+2]PROJECT - Take a look at PORSABLADE IN ACTION[/SIZE][/h]
start.jpg

1: Use the 8mm diamond drill (Supplied in your pack) create a "starter" hole. Drill INSIDE the drawn line so that you do not end up with a little lump sticking out.
3.jpg

2: Insert PORSABLADE into a standard Jigsaw and switch to "zero".
4.jpg

3: Plunge the blade into the 8mm hole. Dont worry there is plenty of room the blade is smaller.
2.jpg

4: BEFORE you turn on the power jet a stream of water to the blade for example we have used a water bottle.
5.jpg

Keep a mild to moderate pressure on the blade but don't force it. Keep jetting the water over the blade so that it cools the diamonds on the blade and also clears a path for you to see the line.
Easy!
drillplate.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anyone Use a Jigsaw with Tile blade in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB