Discuss Anything wrong with this? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Would you have done anything different in this?

image.jpg

O

Old Mod

I would have made the cuts in the corner the same width....

Marks definitely right there!
I think it looks out of proportion too.
For me the feature shouldn't be bigger than the field tile within the shower. It should be a feature or the whole cubicle, this is neither one or the other.
If they're 50x50 mosaic then they make up 2/3rds of a 900 tray, I'd of suggested reducing the size of the feature, but that's a completely subjective issue.
But at the very least centre them to the tray properly.
I think the bonding of the joints is also personal taste, I don't mind seeing the joints bond through or miss, as long as they fall in the middle, but again this neither one or the other.
When it comes to details like this I always involve the client, show them their options and come to an agreement first.
Has the band of mosaic on the right been positioned that way because of the wand outlet, has he tried to get it centre of the four mosaic?

Think you could have got the mosaic joint match the tile joint?

They look like complimentary mosaic to the field tile so they should line up, and if they are slightly out there's generally no reason the mosaic can't be open or closed to suit.

Then it may have taken me up to a day longer because of all the adjustments, but if it was my job and u were the client Dan, u wouldn't even be asking that question! :D

But I'm sure u can make another thread about that Dan. ;)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
He is a member yeah. I wont link to his profile he didn't ask for this. I'm not having a dig either. I said to him that I'd have moved the mosaic tiles up or down to get them to match the grout lines. He said they're 1mm out so it'd have gone off line anyway. I said with mosaics you can usually deal with 1mm.

Anyway, turns out he's done alright IMO. And it seems it's personal preference. And the customer loved it. So that's the main thing.

Don't think he's an active member but he is one.

O

Old Mod

He is a member yeah. I wont link to his profile he didn't ask for this. I'm not having a dig either. I said to him that I'd have moved the mosaic tiles up or down to get them to match the grout lines. He said they're 1mm out so it'd have gone off line anyway. I said with mosaics you can usually deal with 1mm.

Anyway, turns out he's done alright IMO. And it seems it's personal preference. And the customer loved it. So that's the main thing.

Don't think he's an active member but he is one.

Uh huh! Haha :eek:
Long as the client is happy, all that matters!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anything wrong with this? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

These are kitkats on a mesh backing. Not entirely sure how the tiler has managed to do this...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views
We have been hit by hundreds of spam accounts that are somehow passing the human anti-spam...
Replies
Views
Hi, it's my first time here and I'm desperate to solve this problem. Can someone please tell me...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB