Discuss Aquaboard - which way round? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr.Moo

Hi all,
Hope stupid questions are allowed :innocent:
I'm almost ready to box in my newly installed shower and have got Aquaboard from Wickes to fix. Only thing is, which way round is it meant to be fixed? I know plasterboard and a skimcoat side and decorating side, but not sure which way I should fix the aquaboard.
The side with the writing seems a little smoother than the back side. Maybe it doesn't matter? The Wickes Howto guide doesn't mention it.

Also, do I think right that you should skim coat the aquaboard in plaster? Just waterproof table the joins and tile directly onto the aquaboard surface?
Sorry for such a simple question, but I only want to tile once with the same tiles!
Thanks in advance.

M

Max@ableskills

Hi all,
Hope stupid questions are allowed :innocent:
I'm almost ready to box in my newly installed shower and have got Aquaboard from Wickes to fix. Only thing is, which way round is it meant to be fixed? I know plasterboard and a skimcoat side and decorating side, but not sure which way I should fix the aquaboard.
The side with the writing seems a little smoother than the back side. Maybe it doesn't matter? The Wickes Howto guide doesn't mention it.

Also, do I think right that you should skim coat the aquaboard in plaster? Just waterproof table the joins and tile directly onto the aquaboard surface?
Sorry for such a simple question, but I only want to tile once with the same tiles!
Thanks in advance.

Hi Mr Moo.

You fix the tiles to the smooth side of the board. Once boarded apply flexible tile adhesive to the joints between the boards, then apply the jointing tape that you should have got when you purchased the boards over the adhesive.

No need to skim boards just fill in the joints.

Hope this helps

Reply to Aquaboard - which way round? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have a DIY link or suggestions for removing just a single central tile from a...
Replies
Views
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Aquaboard - which way round?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.