Discuss Aquamix colourant , good stuff. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

I had a job recently where the floor was laid about 2 months ago and the grout discoloured. The floor was laid on Dural Ci so the only contamination could be the adhesive.
Now I use both adhesive and grout regularly and I have had no issues before or after this.
As soon as I saw the problem I thought the area had standing water on it as it looked like staining. If you look at the tiles there is also marks on those too in places.
Anyway its all sorted now due to the use of Aquamix colourant.
Before IMG_0440 [800x600].jpg IMG_0441 [800x600].jpg

After IMG_0456 [800x600].jpg

And why I am suspicious.....well notice a missing radiator and this
IMG_0453 [800x600].jpg IMG_0446 [800x600].jpg
pencil.png

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

Thats a good result! its a shame that aquamix is pulling out of supplying to the uk, is there any other companys that do a similiar product?

Yes indeed a shame. Mapei do Fuga Fresca which is similar.

I've never used this Neale - how do you apply it? Seems a handy thing to know...
Paint it on the joint and then rub it in with a toothbrush to work it in. Then damp sponge to wipe any excess of the face of the tile after about 10-20 minutes.
Its a water based epoxy product so I am told, so it should last well. Certainly easy to use.

G

Gazzer

It is really easy to apply. I used a paint brush to apply a liberal amount to the joint then rubbed along the joint a few times with a toothbrush to work it into the joint. After about 10 -15mins a damp sponge off, which removed any residue from the face of the tile but left the joint perfect. Rarely am so impressed with such a product.

The Mapei Fuga Fresca comes with a bottle not too different to those shoe polish tubes you can get with a sponge aplicator ion the top of the bottle. If I had a fair amount to do with the Mapei then I think I would dispense with the sponge and use the same way as the Aquamix.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Aquamix colourant , good stuff. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Aquamix colourant , good stuff.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.