Discuss Architects....drama queens and spitting dummies in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

The morning from hell, Ive been working on a project since last October, and this morning the architect informed me that I was the weak link! as I couldnt give him what he wanted (story of my life!).

This is a grown man who wanted a black bathroom, who has been given samples of Basalt, Slate, Pietra Serena, nero assoluto, in fact every flipping black material that I know of, at the last count he's had 19 samples for this one room and doesnt like none of it! This is a man who thought for another room he would use Thassos marble and wanted it supplied and fixed for around £120.00m2..Give me a break. This is a man who has had 15 samples of cream limestone and still hasnt decided what he wants, and now the client has gone nuts, because surprise there is not one piece of stone or marble on site. And its all my fault because I am the weak link.

Yet again, I am to blame because it is 'me' who is holding the job up, it is me who changes her mind every 5 minutes about substrate preparation, it does not matter it is me that works till 10pm on doing their budgets and specifications and I am the weak link, and I should be thankful for all the work that I get from them, because there are other stone companies.

If it were better times, I would tell them to stick the contract where the sun doesn't shine, but I have to take it on the chin. I never knew i had so much patience in me, I wanted to wrap my fingers round his scrawny neck and bury him in slc, but I was a good girly......(boring).

Here ends this rant....Have a good weekend lads and lasses..because it all kicks of again on Monday morning.

Lynn

T

Time's Ran Out

From the quiz show of the same name, its often the other contestants that manage to stay around longer who have been the 'weakest link' and those voted off for tactical reasons leave with the knowledge that the world is full of 'Architects/designers':thumbsdown:
We were invited to tile an 'Architects' own bathroom a few years ago and it had been built with every measurement for full tiles:lol: - apart from the missing 2mm joints:mad2:

D

DHTiling

youaretheweak128454368327812500.jpg

P

Pebbs

Here we go the madness continues...just opened my email, this is the raging argument about how to build up a 10mm void, I propose we slc, but now tightwad has the following suggestion which will save millions! or so he thinks! If I wasnt on the wagon, it would drive me to drink....its ok Gisele I wont.

Lynn,

Why cant we just do a couple of layers of latex!

That would be miles cheaper,
I think its an ardex product should only be £5-7 per3-5 mm layer

Reply to Architects....drama queens and spitting dummies in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a homeowner living in the Metro Vancouver area in British Columbia. I am currently...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m not an experienced tradesperson by any means, so wanted to pose a question on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Architects....drama queens and spitting dummies
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.