Discuss Ardex 200 af or Keraquick with aditive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Good Evening.

Have a floor coming up that as had ply overboarded on a wet ufh system.

Probably not an ideal substrate but the customer wants to go with it.

Looking at running ditra over but wondering which adhesive would give the best grip on ply.

Intially was looking at keraquick with latex additive but schluter have mentioned the ardex 200 af.

Anybody have experience or thoughts as which would be best to use.

Regards.

Kevin

B

bugs183

Is this the polypipe system????
I've come across this, and i'd love to say it's great but it's not.
Is it the system that is loose laid onto the floor, piped up, then two 6mm layers of cross bonded ply is added on top?
If it is i wouldn't touch it mate, it's a floating floor and is asking for disaster, and you would be liable.
Maybe you could eliminate the ply by sticking the panels down with flexible adhesive, lay the pipes,self level over the whole lot,fix Ditra and then tile.
Sorry, but its a badly flawed system :(

B

bugs183

Well it sounds much better than the polypipe system!!
Is the whole floor bounce free? If its solid,then Ditra is a great product,and to be fair i've always used single part flexible adhesives with it to ply and never had any issue.
I've not used the Ardex but the Mapie Keraquick is great stuff, mix it with Mapei Latex Plus and it acheives S2 flexibility.
That won't shift, but you won't S2 for above the Ditra.

K

kaharrison9

I've tiled the poly pipe overlay system a few times now and fingers crossed have not had issues.

The biggest problem i have found is polypipes technical advice which is to simply to tile direct to there panels with a flexi adhesive.

So doesn't surprise they also have this floating system you mentioned with know regards to the tiling instalation.

With the ditra usually i have always used an s1 rapid and never had an issue but this is first time i've gone onto ply with Ditra so i want to cover myself as much as.

I'm sure keraquick with latex s2 or the ardex 200 would be a good choice but then it is intresting if anybody thinks one slightly has the edge.

I actually spoke to Bal and they used to have the fastflex which they said despite been s2 was never really compatable with ditra and would reccommend there normal flexible rapid instead

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ardex 200 af or Keraquick with aditive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been asked before and I suspect all tilers have their individual...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB