Currently reading:
Ardex Adhesives Training Day Discussion Thread

Discuss Ardex Adhesives Training Day Discussion Thread in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com.

Wesley

TF
Arms
East Anglia
To be honest im mr cynical ,
So free training days great , freebies paying for loss of earnings i doubt it .
Ie were you given 10 bags of adhesive to sell on to your next customer . Would you care to expand how your loss of earnings were covered
Wow....really !!. Like Julian said, it’s not all about the loss of earnings. I went to learn something new, that hopefully will be useful to me in the future and allow me to earn a bit more when the situation arises.
I did come away with some adhesive and grout to complete a medium size kitchen floor job, buts that’s not what I went for !. I learnt something new, tried my hand with some equipment I hadn’t used before, tried some products that were new to me and made some new, helpful contacts.
A successful day, in my book, and it didn’t cost me anything - surely that’s a win - win. ?

D

Dumbo

Wow....really !!. Like Julian said, it’s not all about the loss of earnings. I went to learn something new, that hopefully will be useful to me in the future and allow me to earn a bit more when the situation arises.
I did come away with some adhesive and grout to complete a medium size kitchen floor job, buts that’s not what I went for !. I learnt something new, tried my hand with some equipment I hadn’t used before, tried some products that were new to me and made some new, helpful contacts.
A successful day, in my book, and it didn’t cost me anything - surely that’s a win - win. ?
If you read my response i didnt criticise the training i was just curious as to your claim that you came away with enough freebies to more than cover your costs

T

Time's Ran Out

You can’t put a value on learning!
If I was 30 years younger I’d go on every course available if it’s the only way of gaining experience. The lack of apprenticeships available and some of the poor standard tiling being done means there is going to be a shortage of quality tradespersons in tiling.
I think it’s great that Ardex have provided this facility and that we are taking advantage - also nice to get feedback.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ardex Adhesives Training Day Discussion Thread in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
I recently attended a large format tile training day run by Ardex, at their Haverhill trading...
Replies
Views
O
So after a couple of weeks trialing @ISOMAT UK products, thought it was time to give initial...
Replies
Views
S
Be the Best with BAL! The importance of correct training should never be underestimated. As the...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
E
I receive this i-mail for one job: Work Friday-Monday Eduardo, Work for tomorrow...
Replies
Views
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Popular Tiling Course Threads

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the Tiling Courses category on TilersForums.com. Find your local tiling course and tiling training providers colleges and schools right across the UK on our UK tiling forum.