UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Are your webpages indexed by Google? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

If you want to check if your new or updated pages on your websites have been indexed by google, meaning they can come up in searches, go into the google search bar and type site:(followed by your website address) and the results will show you the number and which pages are indexed.

Very impressive numbers for tilersforums, just type in site:www.tilersforums.com and have a look! :lol: quite different to my nevertheless pleasing 19 :lol:

ALSO, and this is great, if you go to Alexa the Web Information Company, the web information site, you can find out about your ranking and all sorts of statistics, even going back in time to earlier times, to see how the website looked then, and again looking at tilersforums, WOW!!! Please go ahead and find out for yourself, you can see how incredibly well it ranks, ANYTHING under 100 000 within the UK is hugely impressive and Dan has managed to get it down to 20784!!! :hurray:, my site, by comparison, (but it is very new and titsy tiny in the great scheme of things), is around the 8 million mark, but hey, I'm there! :)

Ranking does matter.. more than size :smilewinkgrin:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The Alexa thing is long outdated. I wouldn't trust that at all.

Websites with users who have the Alexa toolbar installed, or websites that have the link to Alexa, will always have really high rankings. (So easy to cheat.)

And the other information they hold are mostly estimates and best guesses.

Best to use Google Analytics if you actually want to know how your website is performing. There are dozens of tools Google provides in your webmasters account too that can help you make sure your websites is healthy and has a very good change of ranking.

U

user123

The Alexa thing is long outdated. I wouldn't trust that at all.

Websites with users who have the Alexa toolbar installed, or websites that have the link to Alexa, will always have really high rankings. (So easy to cheat.)

And the other information they hold are mostly estimates and best guesses.

Best to use Google Analytics if you actually want to know how your website is performing. There are dozens of tools Google provides in your webmasters account too that can help you make sure your websites is healthy and has a very good change of ranking.

Oooh, really? What makes you say that? But definitely, I will compare, I thought the results of mine and H's website were pretty acurate, even the date when he started his! Neither of us have the toolbar or links, but I bow to your greater experience there, and the tilersforum's ranking, wow! All interesting stuff somehow.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just having a small issue with the server databases right now. Should be sorted in a minute.

Though checkout Google Analytics | Official Website and www.google.com/webmasters/tools

Feed a sitemap to Google Webmasters, and put the Analytics code in the footer of your websites so it's on every page of your site, then leave it a month and check all the advise and suggestions it gives, and your stats that you've now collected that will be accurate.

The date in Alexa will simply be the first day the Alexa bot visited the website, so that'll be quite accurate. It's the hits and traffic that it suggests that will inaccurate as they have no actual way of telling unless you put their code on your site which I wouldn't bother with.

U

user123

Just having a small issue with the server databases right now. Should be sorted in a minute.

Though checkout Google Analytics | Official Website and www.google.com/webmasters/tools

Feed a sitemap to Google Webmasters, and put the Analytics code in the footer of your websites so it's on every page of your site, then leave it a month and check all the advise and suggestions it gives, and your stats that you've now collected that will be accurate.

The date in Alexa will simply be the first day the Alexa bot visited the website, so that'll be quite accurate. It's the hits and traffic that it suggests that will inaccurate as they have no actual way of telling unless you put their code on your site which I wouldn't bother with.

Errmmm, :blush2: can't find the header or the footer on my pages, ot paste the code in, I assume I have to go into edit, maybe you kept that out of harms way for me? Is that possible? Or maybe I'm just really dense here...

U

user123

Go to the Appearance menu in the sidebar, then select Editor, then on the right you'll see footer.php

Select that and scroll to the bottom, and insert it before the </body> tag.

Ok, got that, can't save it, it says: You need to make this file writable before you can save your changes. See the Codex for more information.

It's over to you now, isn't it, lucky you...... thanks, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Are your webpages indexed by Google? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Add your news for free; Tiling News, Plumbing News, Electrical News What's Involved in...
Replies
Views
Hello lads and ladies, I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com. It's a...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.