Discuss arguement with a builder over money in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM Ceramics

got on the Phone this morning to the building firm i do work for asked for my cheque he went bilistic and said they would offer more work caus of the amount i put on my invoice and refused to speak to me further, now to get my money i have to speak the main man. he spoke to me like i was a piece of sh*t not a good start to the day. i have done lots of work for them this year at £18m2 labour only but these have been big jobs so i can stick on more meters anyway i wrote on my invoice

5 m2 bathroom and kitchen 5m2 £250 which is quite cheap this job was a private house in liverpool not on site.

know im looking at it as i move on to better things and better work i have regular work from a kitchen fitting firm and my own private jobs coming in im booked up for another month at least and they pay me what i ask and they have no problems about it.

i think this building firm are only interested in a rushed job and pay as little as possible im now trying to stay away from site work

anyone else had problems with builders

E

enduro

Not being funny but i wouldn't tile for £18 sqm, try and get work from builders who respect your trade. I'm doing a job for one of my builders at the moment he pays me £30 sqm and he supplies everything, he knows i do a good job and he is prepared to pay for it. If you charge £18sqm you will never be able to put your prices up with them. And i would never do site work. I know your going to say you would never get £30 sqm in your area, well that's what i thought when i started, but it is out there. I know a few tilers in my area who charge around £18 sqm and have no work...Im booked up for three months, plus a guy where where i was working today came to service the swimming pool looked at my tiling and was impressed and asked if i wanted to tile swimming pools for him, he has 8 to build this year..Good luck i hope you get paid :thumbsup:

L

LM Ceramics

thanks enuduro and kilty i wanted 20 to begin with nd i agreed on 18 caus there was loads of metres sometimes it is best to charge a bit lower to get the work but this job was private so i wanted a bit more i only charged 18 m2 for the care home refurbs because in total there were over 200 metres so i could stick more m2 on and i earned nearly £200 a day

with the kitchen fitter im currently getting work off he pays me £150 a day labour only which im happy and £25 m2 on floors labour only which suits me i earn nearly £800 a week for a 20 yr old thats really good.

thanks lads for your comments

Reply to arguement with a builder over money in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I'm getting some repair work done in a bathroom covered by my home insurance, they are picking...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
arguement with a builder over money
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.