Discuss Arrrrggghh customers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

I get a call a few weeks back.

"Hi, is that the tiler"
Yes it is

"We need some tiles fitted in the kitchen"
Ok can I have your details

"They are 100mm square"
I mean your address so I can see the job

"When could you come, we are in Birmingham""
I could come Saturday morning

"Oh we wanted tiled by then"
Well I need to see it 1st , but I could tile it saturday

"Its only 300 tiles 5 courses high along a work surface with 2 returns and 2 double sockets"
Yes but I need to make sure the walls are flat , no paint/paper and would you want tile trim, what colour grout and sealant"

"Oh we have all materials ,we have had other tilers out and prices but they cant come for weeks. They say its an easy job"
I shouldnt really but I do have saturday free, and as long as its as you say then ok. What tiles are they ? ceramic stone , porcelain ?

"Oh they are ceramic"
Ok ( then we talk money and they snatch my hand off ) I will be there at 8am

"Oh can you make it 9am, we like a lie in "
Ok 9am, see you then.

Saturday arrives and I arrive at the house. Ring the bell....no answer.....ring the bell....no answer....knock the door...no answer...so I start getting tools ready. I look around the house and no sign of life....then the door opens , its a bloke in his PJs.
He lets me in and shows me the job........ Perfect, just as they said. Then they show me the tiles....the ceramic tiles ! They were Porcelain, I said that the adhesive wasnt suitable.
"No, they are ceramic we bought them from CTD Ceramic Tile Distributors" :mad2::mad2::mad2:
The adhesive and grout and trim were all from a pound store by the looks of it.
I told them it was rubbish and said I wouldnt usev it so we sorted it out financially and the job got done in the end.
I did laugh though when they insisted the tiles were ceramics because they came from Ceramic Tile Distributors.

M

mikethetile

I thought it was going to be like a call I got earlier in the week

is that mike

yes

mike the painter

yes

do you do painting

yes

would you do some painting for me

yes , what would you like painting

my house

ok

how much

how much what

how much to paint my house

tell you what , why dont you give me your details and ill come and have a look

Im not sure what I want painted till I know how much it will cost

ok , ill come and see you and give you an estimate and well go from there

but I only want to know how much it will cost

how much what will cost

to paint my house you effing idiot, how many times do I have to tell you , tell you what mate forget it ill ask someone who knows how much it costs to paint a house

brrrrrrrrrr

withheld number

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

is that mike

yes

mike the painter

yes

do you do painting

yes

my house

ok

how much

how much what

how much what will cost

to paint my house you effing idiot, how many times do I have to tell you , tell you what mate forget it ill ask someone who knows how much it costs to paint a house

brrrrrrrrrr

withheld number

Mike I get this all the time, customer " how much do you charge for a bathroom?" me, "how big is your bathroom?" customer "average" me, "what tiles are you thinking of,?" customer "don't know yet" me ," I don't know what I charge for a bathroom, of unknown size, with unknown tiles " sorry I am a mere tiler not a physic:mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

david campbell

you always need to see a job before hand,lately i had a call a call from what seemed like a pre-menstrual pyshcotic female wanting to know how much i charged per m2,after about 100 if's and butts i persuaded her to let me see the job before commiting to a price,it turned out she is actually a very pleasant and polite woman who does property development who's tiler has just retired and is still going through about a dozen properties per year and i'm her tiler now:thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

first call Ive had like that, did wonder if it was a wind up but I could also tell it wasnt

I couldnt think of what to say to him, im used to getting to look at a job and being asked what colour they should have, I can help them with that by using a fandeck but one woman said she didnt want anything with red, blue, yellow , green or brown, I told her that as she had rejected all the primary and tertiary colours she was only left with white which isnt a colour, she did eventaually choose a lovely colour which she was delighted with when it was done, I took great delight in telling her it was a mix of red, blue and yellow

U

user123

is that mike

yes

mike the painter

yes

do you do painting

yes

my house

ok

how much

how much what

how much what will cost

brrrrrrrrrr

withheld number

:lol: :lol: hilarious... :lol:

Reply to Arrrrggghh customers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I recently carried out work on tiling a fireplace for customer. I took my time and got the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and...
Replies
Views
I've just had the whole ground floor of a house we are working on levelled with a pump in liquid...
Replies
Views
Bishbbashbosh
B
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Arrrrggghh customers
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.